Greetings and welcome to the Dance Championships, the competition industry's premiere local dance competition! We are a family-owned and operated business that has been featuring quality, competitive dance throughout upstate New York since 1989.
Through the years, the Dance Championships has grown into one of the most competitive, and certainly most affordable, dance competitions in the industry. Our focus on simplicity and affordability, complemented with our advanced planning and commitment to personal service has delivered our repeat customers a professional event of the highest quality. See what they know, and experience for yourself, why the Dance Championships continues to exceed all expectations:
Please contact us anytime with your questions or requests for additional information using the personal cell phone numbers provided; it’s a level of accessibility you should expect from any business and it’s one we work hard to guarantee. Thank you for your thoughtful consideration. We wish you the best of luck during the upcoming convention, competition, and fall season and look forward to seeing you this Spring 2018!
The convenience of online registration is encouraged but
not required; please coordinate through your studio.
WELCOME TO THE 2018 SEASON
Copyright 2017 The Dance Championships All Rights Reserved
Buffalo, New York
Rules and Regs
Jenn L. (Kilborn) Gargiulo
Derek S. Kilborn
Thank you for supporting this Annual Benefit and helping to raise funds for donation to the:
- Roswell Park Cancer Institute;
- Jacquie Hirsch Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia Foundation
GOOD LUCK and BEST WISHES
for the start of another exciting year!
We look forward to seeing
you in May 2018!
The Dance Championships continues to provide the most affordable experience within the dance competition industry. It is not an overstatement to say that our national competitors are overcharging their customers for the same conveniences and innovative technology that we provide - online registration, music uploading, video adjudication, free admission, and a mobile app for real-time event updates, and other conveniences. See how you can save 30 to 48 percent (%) from the weekend average. Save more, pay less!
The Dance Championships preserves the spirit of competitive dance by keeping things simple and timeless, meaning large categories and Olympic-style placement: first place gold, second place silver, and third place bronze. You won't see an incomprehensible combination of titanium, platinum, and other-worldly metals for medals, whole and half stars, and super-duper double ruby reds. Instead, outcomes are clearly defined. You’ll remember who won each category and how the dancers compare among their peers.
- Top 10 Overall High Scores for each age division will now be divided into Top 5 Overall High Scores, Solo/Duet/Trio and Top 5 Overall High Scores, Groups. Winner of each Top 5 will receive $100 and the overall high score for each age division will receive an additional $100. Increased prize amounts and greater scheduling flexibility.*
- Overall High Score award for each apprentice division will now be expanded to include the Top 3 Overall High Scores.*
- Scoring will be expanded to include the tenth decimal, for e.g. 94.6.
- Production routines will be extended to a maximum 10 minutes.
* Minimum number of entries required.
AFFORDABLE, FAMILY FRIENDLY PRICING
COMPETITION, NOT A SHOWCASE